So you’re graduating in a few weeks, huh? Or you’ve gotten invited to 293571739 different graduations? Well have I got a treat for you! Here are some graduation dresses I pulled for y’all that are great for May graduations and can be worn more than once for other special occasions this Spring and Summer!
Tips for the graduates:
1. What do you do with your phone? If you can find a dress or romper with pockets, do so! I didn’t have pockets or pants on, so I had to put it down the front of my dress for easy access. You can also tuck it in the side of your bra. My girlfriend also suggested wearing a fannypak underneath her graduation gown haha! Don’t be ashamed, whip out that neon fannypak you got for Spring Break ’12 in Panama City Beach!
2. What kind of shoes should I wear? Grab your cutest, most comfortable pair you can find! You’ll be walking around a lot that day and trying to find your family in that huge stadium in those 6-inch heels isn’t going to make you very happy on such a happy day! If you are going to buy a new pair for your 6 seconds of fame, be sure to break them in and wear them out a couple times before your big day. You don’t want to get blisters and have to crawl across the stage now do you?!
3. How dressy should I be? Girl, get as dressed up as you want. (Maybe not like ‘prom’ dressy, but like…’I’m about to be a big girl and wear big girl panties’ dressy.) Dress like you’re a sophisticated young adult that is ready to take on the real world! So basically don’t get all hoochied up like you’re going to da club on thirsty Thursday. 🙂
Tips for the audience:
1. How dressy should I be? Don’t outshine the graduate. Nothing too outstanding but look nice. Solid, neutral colors are a good way to go if you’re unsure!
2. What do I get the graduate as a gift? MONAY, MONAY, MONAY, MOOONAAAY! (and a congratulations card too, duh.) We all know these graduates are ballin’ on a budget, especially since their parents are mainly excited that their graduating because they’ll be off their bank roll soon! But if not money, give them something that will get them excited to be on their own and on their way to the real world! I.e. wine glasses (cheers!), home decor with an inspirational quote, Kendra Scott jewelry (because every working girl needs a pair of Danielle earrings), or take them out and get them hammered one more time before they start making their own money! (Jk… but maybe.)
If you guys have any other questions or tip suggestions, feel free to comment below or email me your thoughts! Thank y’all for reading!